Friday 30 May 2014

Valley Press Friday Digest, #5 ('Jamie's first book' edition)

The Edible Book Launch for Love and Eskimo Snow was a huge success - tickets and books completely sold out! I'm hoping some photos or reviews will materialise soon; but until they do, this is another lean week for Valley Press news ... in fact, that's pretty much it.

I don't want to leave you empty-handed, though, so please see below for a complete scan of the ultimate Valley Press backlist title - The Jelly Turtle, the very first book I ever made, dating from 1994 when I was just six years old. I produced this using the school's Acorn computer, a pair of fancy scissors, and perhaps some help from teacher ... but the words, and the illustrations, are pure Jamie.
























Be honest ... did you see that ending coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment