Friday 30 June 2017

Sad news from Valley Press

Dear readers,

It's for an extremely sad reason that you are hearing from Valley Press twice today. Helen Cadbury, an inspiring, remarkable woman and a magnificently talented novelist and poet, passed away this afternoon (Friday 30th June), surrounded by her family. Many of you will be aware of her battle with cancer, which she spoke about in the Yorkshire Post last year, but this still comes as an enormous shock. Helen was constantly filled with life and ideas, and was speaking only yesterday about launch plans for her forthcoming books.

Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this time; the outpouring of love on social media shows how deeply she'll be missed. I've included one of Helen's wonderful poems below, please feel free to share it far and wide.

Best regards,
Jamie McGarry, Valley Press Publisher



The Dance


In the dream
I am younger,
the room is huge
and I dance
over a wooden floor.
I do it often. It’s what I do.
I have a huge room,
as high as a church,
to myself and I dance across
its beautiful wooden floor
again and again.

When I wake
the dance is still in me.
It lightens my limbs
moves me to the kitchen.
The coffee brews on the hob
and I dance back and forth
from the table
to the fridge
and I am young
again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment